In this interactive course, participants learn about the fundamental principles that govern public sector procurement in Canada. We explain the processes, law and specific nuances that can affect procurement activities, and the key legal differences between regular contract law and competitive contracting law. Duties and obligations of purchasers and suppliers during a competitive process are also explored.
|5 - 9||5%|
Learning Objectives for PSPP 101
- Identify the fundamental sources of public sector procurement principles and objectives, including trade agreements, legislation and organizational policies
- Differentiate between regular contract law and competitive contract law
- Review available procurement methods and tools, including market assessment and prequalification options
- Be aware of the risks of negligence claims, and the importance of controlling who provides information to respondents
- Adopt best practices by capturing and incorporating lessons learned
- Define copyright, moral rights and other key legal principles that influence public-sector procurement
- Describe the steps necessary to obtain approvals to proceed with a procurement
- Recognize the key steps of the solicitation and award phase of procurement, including proper handling, safekeeping and opening of bids and proposals
- Describe the key steps in the managing and evaluation phase of procurement
I took this course as I regularly participate in RFX processes and evaluations. I manage contracts every day and needed additional info and confidence to fully understand the implications of procurement decisions and contract management.
Kelly Coles City of Calgary
Expected Outcomes for PSPP 101
After completing PSPP 101, you will understand the key steps in effectively planning any public sector procurement, as well as how to obtain approvals to proceed and key areas of risk when conducting the solicitation process.
At a high level, you will be able to identify the important components of any solicitation document and resulting contract. You’ll also learn about obligations to maintain appropriate and complete documentation in procurement files.
PSPP 101 has given me a better understanding of the overall process, specifically learned a lot about the Acts. Very easy to follow, at one’s own pace. The content was thorough, can’t wait to start the next course.”
Eric Drouin Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien